Home for Sale in Scottsdale - Scottsdale Country Acres Home for SaleThis single level home for Sale in Scottsdale is just off Camelback and Hayden. Built in 1960, he has a touch
15 Reasons To Move To Goodyear AZ
If you are considering moving to our Amazing Phoenix Valley, one city you should consider is Goodyear, AZ. It's an expanding area of the Valley with many new developments coming along in 2017! Housing, Shopping, Schools, Communities, Entertainment and Restaurants are some of the many reasons to keep it on your short list! Here are 15 reasons to move to Goodyear, AZ if you are considering a move to the Phoenix Valley!
1. Goodyear, AZ median home values as of 2017 are $278,950. This estimate is found from an average of homes listed currently. Goodyear is seeing steady growth right now in the housing market and foresees that in the future for a good while as well so you can assume your investment will show a return for several more years in this market.
2. You will find a brand new Harkins movie theater affectionately named Harking Estrella Falls which comes from our gorgeous Estrella Mountain ranges in the nearby Regional Park located about 20 minutes south of their location in the center of Goodyear. It is a quite impressive 78,000-square-foot building with 16-screen multiplex which are all home to very comfy leather reclining chairs for your viewing pleasure!
3. The movie theater is just a small edition that will be growing into a very nice outdoor shopping mall which is to be developed over the coming years bringing more growth and jobs to Goodyear, AZ. Spanning more than 300 acres, the entire project will bring 2 million square feet of shopping, dining, and entertainment upon build out. Estrella Falls comprises a power center, super regional shopping center, expansive public spaces and parks, residential, office and hotel developments, and dynamic public art and entertainment to be enjoyed by all of its residents.
4. Education is a big part of Goodyear, AZ as well. Goodyear boasts the highest number of both Bachelor's degrees and Graduate degrees in the West Valley. To support so many students who's intentions are to continue on with higher education, Goodyear offers their elementary, middle and high school students many of the top schools in the state. You have many options when it comes to public schools, Montessori schools, BASIS school systems and Charter schools. There is a school system for any atmosphere that parents may be looking to provide for their children.
5. Goodyear, AZ is the nation's #2 workforce market and only shows evidence of more growth to come in the future! This will provide another great reason for many to move to the area along with the fact that 24/7 Wall Street has ranked Goodyear, AZ as #7 of the top 10 cities to live in within the United States. It was ranked the #3 city to move to if you are a US Veteran, #5 for young professionals and #10 for Young Couples. It has shown massive growth from 18,000 residents during the 2000 census to currently more than 77,000 residents!
6. Goodyear, AZ is considered a great place for military veterans to live with easy access to Luke Air Force Base since the base is only a short drive away! You can still utilize the stores and services on base without any major inconveniences!
7. Travel a lot for work? Goodyear, AZ is centrally located off the I-10 which gives those who travel a lot whether for business or pleasure easy access to get to Sky Harbor Airport in order to catch their flights.
8. Goodyear, AZ is host to many awesome events such as Car Shows and 5Ks such as the Bubble Run. The Goodyear Ball Park hosts activities such as Movie nights, Star Spangled 4th celebration each summer, and Fall Festival. Twice a year the Phoenix International Raceway which is only minutes from Goodyear also hosts NASCAR!! Lots of fun activies so close by!
9. If you are a baseball enthusiast, be sure to stop by in March to catch a Spring Training baseball game at the Goodyear Ball Park showcasing some of your favorite Major League baseball teams. The Goodyear Ball Park is home to the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds!
10. Estrella Mountain Regional Park is comprised of almost 20,000 acres. The park contains 8 major mixed use trails (hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding) of more than 33 miles, a 9.5-mile competitive track, campgrounds, two baseball fields and a large horse staging area. The park also boasts the county's only grassy picnic area, a golf course and a professional level rodeo arena. The park is a great area for camping for the adventurous residents as well!
11. Cancer Treatment of America brings many residents looking for treatment to Goodyear, AZ. It's an unfortunate reason to have to make the move but to have such an amazing resource located in the city is something the city is very proud to have!
12. If you are a senior citizen, you will enjoy one of our 2 senior adult active communities available in Goodyear, AZ. You can be more centrally located inside of Pebble Creek community near the I-10 off of Estrella Parkway or if you like to be out and more secluded be sure to check out Canta Mia about 20 minutes south of the I-10 off of Estrella Parkway as well. Both have activities to keep their senior citizens living very full lives with pools, community centers, as well as organized activities within the communities.
13. One of the biggest things drawing people to visit Arizona is golf courses. Goodyear hosts 3 of the many golf communities in the Valley. One specifically is Golf Club of Estrella which is a Nicklaus Design golf course and was rated the #1 golf course in the West Valley! This golf course is nestled in Estrella Mountain Ranch Community.
14. If you are looking for a community that was created to provide their residents with all different experiences, you may have found a wonderful opportunity in the Master Planned community of Estrella Mountain Ranch. EMR hosts 2 large lakes-one provides some fishing for the locals and the other is apart of the EMR Yaght Club where you can rent man powered boats and vessels to enjoy getting out on the water. EMR has many parks spread all over in many of the neighborhoods. It has 2 elementary schools and a high school to provide for it's residents. There is a small shopping center at the beginning of the neighborhood which provides many basics such as a drug store, grocery store, vet, pool store, some fast food and some mom and pop eateries. It's an amazing little community providing gatherings at one or both of it's community centers- Starpointe and Presidio. Both boast amazing pools and gyms available to all of the EMR residents. EMR also hosts fun activities such as car shows and fireworks shows for locals to attend
15. One major concern is crime rate when moving anywhere in the US. Take a look at the crime rates for yourself but the residents insist that Goodyear, AZ is a low crime, safe city to reside in.
We hope this gives you just a few reasons to consider moving to Goodyear, AZ. So many people who love living here! There are so many more reasons to look into this area. We hope you give it a chance and find more reasons... maybe 20 or 30 or more ;)
"Jennie Holmes earned her license in Real Estate in 2014 after being apart of her dad's custom home building business for many years. She married her husband, Jason, in 2001 and they have 4 children-....
Latest Blog Posts
Executive Towers High Rise Community - Phoenix High RiseThis 21 Story Tall Phoenix Uptown High Rise Condo community was built in 1964. This is Al Beadle's pride and joy, it is a mid century
707 E Blossom Road - Home for Sale in San Tan Valley Ladies and Gentlemen, boys & Girls, stop your search, this is it, you have stumbled upon the very last house you ever need to buy. This is a